Friday, January 28, 2011

Valentine's fun with friends

Today we had friends, Vicki and her daughter, Charlie, over to play. Vicki and I and the girls have been friends since the girls were born! We met in a breastfeeding support group and have been friends ever since. Vicki is such an awesome mommy. I am so proud to be her friend! The girls always LOVE to play dress up and care for their babies when they are together. Although, what they love BEST is just being together and running around the house like silly gooses! We also did some cute Valentine's arts and crafts.
The girls did Jello Painting for the first time. It was so much fun. We created paste like paint out of strawberry Jello powder and water. When it dries the picture smells like the flavor and even has a bit of sparkle to it. They had a lot of fun! I did too. We discussed the shape of the picture and the color of the paint. I directed Charlotte to paint inside the heart. She did a really good job!
We also made Love Bugs. Okay so us mommies made most of it, but the girls helped glue the caterpillar's head onto to his heart shaped body and we read the letters to their name. I stuck our Love Bug on the fridge and  will discuss the letters in Charlotte's name to her often.
At the end, both girls went to time out... can we say Terrible 2s??? I think so,  oh well... No more yelling "NO", girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment