It was a bit overwhelming for my perfectionist, teacher brain to say the least. I have started small and filled time within our day with more purposeful play. Did I say I LOVE it?!?!
I started implementing their idea of Tot Trays in our own home. I bought 3 black baskets from the Dollar Tree store and started jotting down ideas and collecting stuff around the house that I know would fit C's personality and aid in her toddler development. Bottom line, it's fun and it promotes skills she needs.
"Spooning"
Objective: Toddler practices hand eye coordination through the use of spooning 1 pom pom into each opening of the muffin tin.
Materials: Spoon of choice, pom poms, and muffin tin
I was shocked at how much she loved this activity. Let me tell you she is so proud when she finishes and will do it over and over again. WIN.
"Beading"
Objective: Toddler practices fine motor skills while placing pony beads onto a pipe cleaner.
Materials: Pipe cleaners and pony beads
Again, she LOVED this. I had tried to bead with her a few months ago and beading with string is not, I repeat not easy for a toddler, the pipe cleaner provides just enough stiffness to learn how to string. WIN.
I can see jewelry making in her future, she loves to create. This activity will be helpful when we learn counting and patterns too.
No comments:
Post a Comment