Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tot Books: Colors

This concept is brilliant. Tot books are mini file folders filled with information. When I taught 2nd Grade I had tons of file folder games that helped reinforced concepts, my kids loved them. I am so excited to create some Tot books for C. Check out this website for more ideas and best of all, free printables to create your own,  http://www.1plus1plus1equals1.com/TotBooksTotPacksALL.html I am aslo thinking this is a great tool to store in the car.

Here is mine I made up... I used 1/2 manilla folder, construction paper, markers, glue stick and contact paper for lamination, and velcro dots. C loved the feeling of ripping the velcro apart.

 The folder.
 The tot (hamming it up).
The task.
 
As you can see Barbie is learning her colors too. Lol
A quick jaunt into the playhouse tent as the attention span lacked today.
 Back to work.
 A job well done!
She loved it. Our conversation went like this...
Mommy: Where is the orange?
C: Where is orange?
C finds the orange.
C: There is orange! Giggle giggle and an added squeal and jump.
And repeat with remaining colors. I can't count how many times she occupied herself with this folder.

The bystander.
I am loving that  little belly that hangs over. Heheee. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Leah...I LOVE your creativity!! I'll be learning from you to help my grannykids learn when they come to Grammy's house!! Glad your back to blogging! I think FB is so "fast" paced and we hear from friends, but don't get to see the details of life and learn from one other on there. Blogs, on the other hand, keeps us connected in a more "personal" way, I believe. At least for those who are so far away from one another!
    Now...will you take C and B over to Amy's and let them teach Carter how to talk? ;)
    Hope to run into you in a couple weeks!! I'm escaping the cold for a nice mid-winter warm up!! YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete