Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Our weekend was filled with lots of BBQs, swimming, sprinkler fun, family, friends, FUN and remembering why we celebrate such an important day. I am grateful for those that serve, now and in the past, for our liberties we have as Americans and those who believe in fighting for those who do not have the privilege of living a life of freedom.

I was listening to KLOVE on Sunday while driving to Kyle's parents for a BBQ. An American soldier was talking about how to respond to veterans of our war today and it was interesting to hear him talk about how not to speak to them about being heroes. He explained that these fighting Americans have either seen or done things that civilians here could not contemplate (women and children being used as collateral in a high intensity situation) and to be told "you are a hero" isn't a great compliment or something they really want to be  recognised as. Interesting, I though. Understandable, too. Heartbreaking, yes. I'm glad I heard this so I can be praying for our soldiers who have to deal with devastating situations that no one wants to deal with. I am grateful to be American, even if our government and leadership is imperfect.

Enough of that, here is my sweet girl charging through the sprinklers!!!


LOVE her face in this one!

Running from Auntie to Grammy.
Getting chased by Auntie.
Loving the grass and sprinklers!
Bubble time.
Using a bubble blower on brother.
First, you dip it in...
Then, you aim it at your little brother...
Last, you laugh and scare your little brother run away!!! Oh Charlotte.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment