Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Resurrection Rolls & Egg Hunt

We celebrated Easter with our friends at an Easter play date at our house. We read a story about Our Risen Savior and made Resurrection Rolls. Later we did an egg hunt. I have been looking forward to this day ALL month long! The older toddlers LOVED it. It was crazy. It was fun. It IS a blessing to celebrate Easter!
Sidewalk chalk greeting for our guests.
Charlotte and her friends making Resurrection Rolls.
We made these rolls by using a marshmallow to represent Jesus. Then anointing Him with butter, cinnamon and sugar.  Finally sealing Him in the tomb (crescent rolls) to resurrect (bake). After you seal the dough securely the marshmallow melts away into the roll while baking. This illustration will be celebrated every Easter from now on at the Hawkins' home! The kids loved it!
C and the "sealed tombs".
B Man sippin' on his milk.
Heather & Calvin
Brittany & Penelope
The Egg Hunt at the neighborhood park.
C on the hunt for eggs!
Buddies, B Man and Mason
Penelope & C very focused "hunters".



Even B Man found one egg!
Look at all that loot!
Brittany, Penelope, & Ashlee
Heather, Ashley, & Mason too.
My children... oh how I love my children. OH BOY, I can never seem to get a normal smiling picture of these 2 next to each other. B Man was screaming because he was hot and wanted his car to move. And C was much more concern about eating all the candy in her eggs before I could stop her. Her fat little cheeks were filled with so much candy she looked like a chipmunk. Oh how I love my children. Sigh.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Seems like fun was had by all! Loved seeing all the little ones enjoying Easter activities. How special!

    ReplyDelete