- Know your own limits. And learn your baby's too.
- Plan ahead. Stay organized when you can. Having a system is helpful too for example: pack the diaper bag at night before a busy day.
- Prioritize your needs and wants on your to do list. Ask yourself these questions: What really is priority? Does it have to be done? What can you let go of?
- Enjoy this PRECIOUS time. Be present. Find joy in where you are now.
- At the same time understand the stage is temporary. Take a deep breathe, it will be over sooner or later.
- You are imperfect. Understand that being a good mom means you learn from your mistakes... because it happens and no one has it all right.
- Don't forget to take care of yourself. Eat. Sleep. Pray. Spend quality time with the husband. Repeat as neccessary.
- Stay connected to who you were before you had kids. Don't forget yourself while taking care of everyone else.
- Find meaningful friendships with other mommies and be authentic about your short comings. This not only promotes social interaction but support for the good, the bad, and the ugly of being an imperfect mom.
- Be flexible. Nothing ever goes as planned.
- Eat dinner together and at the table. Making dinner a priority has only seemed to unify us as a family. Something special happens at the dinner table, it's probably a moment I look foward to the most in the day.
Monday, June 7, 2010
What I'm learning as a mommy...
2. Here are some tips that are helpful for me to remember in my day to day role as mommy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love family dinner, too!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful. I hope I am a good mommy like you! I hope I am a mommy sooner rather than later...
ReplyDelete